(Before I start typing, I must say that I keep typing "Emilie". Its annoying me.)
I went to the library today, looking for Treasure Island for a school thing... Well, it wasn't there. But, I did get:
"The Last Apprentice: The Spook's Bestiary (Complete guide to creatures of the dark)"
"The Water Mirror"
"Horses" (I wonder what its about?)
"The Horse Encyclopedia"
"Horse Handling and Grooming"
I also got 2 Emily the Strange books.
It originally started as some goth sticker and t-shirt thing- But I really couldn't care less. ON TO THE BOOK!
The first in the series is "The Lost Days"- It starts with 13 year old Emilie in a strange little town called Blackrock. And she doesn't have any idea how she got there, or her life, even her own name. But, without spoilers, I can tell you that she writes in her journal and has an adventure involving stuff. And she has/gets 4 black cats.
I think I'll just write the first part, it explains a bit...
I think I better take some notes, cuz something super strange is happening to me, and I don't know
1. my name
2. anyone else's name
3. where I am
4. how I got here
5. where I live
6. how old I am (am I a kid or just short?)
7. anything I've done since I was born
8. whether I'm a cat person or a dog person
9. whether I actually believe people are either cat people or dog people
10. what might have been written on the 11 pages that were torn out of this notebook
11. why this happened to me
12. how long its going to last, or
13. what I should do next
Here's what I DO know:
1. I'm human.
2. I'm a girl.
3. I'm wearing a black dress.
4. I'm wearing black stockings.
5. I have long black hair.
6. I seem to like the color black
7. I recently stepped in gum.
8. My skin is pale, so the bruises on my left arm show up really well.
9. I have a notebook, a pencil, and a slingshot, and that's it.
10. I'm left-handed.
11. I speak english.
12. The Earth is round and travels around the sun.
13. I seem to like the number 13.
So... Yeah. I like the beginning of it. And the subtle hint of goth. The black dress, stocking, hair and pale skin? Way better than "I apear to be a goth."
I also loved that finally- FINALLY- we have an intelligant female 13-year-old protagonist. And she thinks like me. Kind of... Negative but cheerful in her own little world.
I read all 266 pages in a day. Even bigger acomplishment since I've been putting off reading lately... (I blame idiot writers. OH MY GOTH GET AN INTERESTING SUBJECT FOR YOUNG ADULT NOVELS ALREADY!)
The second is called "Stranger and Stranger" (And apparently she clones herself.)
Speaking of books- People are telling me to read books by Anne Rice. Which one(s)?